Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Empty
PostSubject: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:30 am

Has anyone seen this before? It is a very good anime, epic I should say. Any thoughts on this?

I'm a bit tired right now to make some synopsis or summary. I'll just leave this link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6698

EDIT(UrusaiBaka):

MAL Synopsis wrote:
In a far away future, mankind lives underground in huge caves, unknowing of a world above with a sky and stars.

In the small village of Jiha, Simon, a shy boy who works as a digger discovers a strange glowing object during excavation. The enterprising Kamina, a young man with a pair of rakish sunglasses and the the passion of a firey sun, befriends Simon and forms a small band of brothers, the Gurren Brigade, to escape the village and break through the ceiling of the cave to reach the surface, which few believe exist.

The village elder won't hear of such foolishness and punishes the Brigade. However, when disaster strikes from the world above and the entire village is in jeopardy, it's up to Simon, Kamina, a girl with a big gun named Yoko, and the small yet sturdy robot, Lagann, to save the day.

The new friends journey to the world above and find that the surface is a harsh battlefield, and it's up to them to fight back against the rampaging Beastmen to turn the tide in the humans' favor! Pierce the heavens, Gurren Lagann!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 9454
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 am

I've heard about it before and it sounds pretty good. You don't know what epic is until you watch Code Geass though. Despite that, I plan on checking it out soon.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 am

beastym67 wrote:
I've heard about it before and it sounds pretty good. You don't know what epic is until you watch Code Geass though. Despite that, I plan on checking it out soon.

beasty come on...don't kill the topic with mentioning CG when it has its own FORUM
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:20 am

Haha, sorry, it couldn't be helped. The word epic coincides with CG. But I have heard great things from it. Just haven't seen it yet because the picture that comes with the descriptions isn't that good. Lame reason I know but still.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 am

lol, that's as good a reason as any. Well this anime looks interesting, especially since its rated #1 on MAL, above death note(#3) and Code geass R2(#4) Might check it out
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Heh beasty.. you haven't even seen this anime to compare it to CG. I haven't seen that, but I'm not comparing, all I said is that TTGL was epic.

Yeah and btw, this anime is very fast paced, but the writers pulled it off and it turned out to be amazing. Each 27 or so eps are simply amazing.

Oh and thanks Baka for fixing that. I was so tired last night I just put a link.
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:50 pm

I was just saying with CG it leaves you calling it epic after every single episode. I had no clue it was rated that high on MAL. I might have to get over the front image that always comes up.
Back to top Go down
bnwchbammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bnwchbammer

Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:43 am

I actually didn't finish it. iunno why. but it had really good animation, and a pretty good story. iunno, not too bad.
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:20 pm

Why ben, why?! I thought u finished it... er you said that.

what ep were you on, or can u remember what was happening last?
Back to top Go down
bnwchbammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bnwchbammer

Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:19 am

uhh, they already beat the spiral king. buuuut i kinda just stopped watching. I'll start up again probably, since i'm downloadin the series now.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:41 am

I saw the first episode. Not too bad for a robot anime(which btw i dont really like very much) I have been proven to like some robot animes like code geass(some robots but whatever)

Maybe I'll stick with it if I have time
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:13 pm

I've seen the first three episodes and it seems to be good show. Not quite as epic as Code Geass story wise and stuff but for 3 episodes it has me wanting to see the next one.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah I just watched the first episode today, it seems like it's interesting so far. Maybe it'll be a good anime to pick up.

Edit: Does anyone have a suggestion for a good site to watch this anime, because the one I'm using now is just mediocre?

Edit: I've finished the whole series and it was really good. I really like how the animation is a little out of the ordinary too, which was cool. I would certainly suggest this series, glad I watched it Smile

Certain aspects of it reminded me of Eureka 7 which is also a fantastic anime.
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:31 pm

I've also finished it and it turned out to be a great anime. Glad I was talked into watching it because it was worth my time, great story and overall just good. Really glad to see the second part like it was in the beginning with the whole politics charade because that would happen for sure in real life. I would call this an epic anime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baka Anime :: Anime :: Other Anime-
Jump to: