Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

PC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PC Empty
PostSubject: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 am

anyone here uses the PC as a gaming system? Or do you not think that PC is not meant for video games? Whatever it may be, discuss PC here.
Back to top Go down
bnwchbammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bnwchbammer

Number of posts : 84

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 am

yeaaaaaaaa. BF2 all the way. oh, and portal of course. heh, i spent like 2 grand on it, so imna use it's full potential. seriously though, pc is the ultimate gaming machine.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:46 am

I like some PC games. I don't play PC games as much as I used to, but I used to be really into WoW. I'm not so much one for FPS, but PC opens the capability of large-scale online gaming interaction which is great. Of course the new gen consoles also have this, but in a different way.
Back to top Go down
bnwchbammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
bnwchbammer

Number of posts : 84

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 am

The thing is, pc has the most amazing controls of any system. There are a buncha keys and an extremely smooth alternative to a stick, which is a mouse. It's just really hard to play any shooters on a counsole. and actually MMORPG or RTS, well 'cept world at war, but that's totally different. PC is still the best.
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Hm well imo the console is better for shooters, just saying, my preference. But I do like RTS a lot better on pc, which is where it's suppose to be.

pc can have the best graphics games, but you really have to update it lots of times to play the latest games, which is kinda unfortunate. The consoles have like 3core or 1 Cell CPU which are very powerful though, but I don't think they'll make games that fully utilize that power.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Kitouski

Number of posts : 57
Favorite Anime Series? : Clannad
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:08 am

I don't think there's a single genre of game that plays better on a console then on a PC imo. A PC is constantly upgrading itself and constantly making a new standard, while with a console, it is only as good as when it came out, then you need to wait a fistful of years to see a new system out, no matter how hardcore the PS3 is in terms of hardware, the PC outbeats any system, always. Considering I'm hardly a graphictard, I also find the PC controls to constantly be better, imo espically for FPS. While a stick isn't exactly bad for a FPS to look around, it's not as instant as you want and getting to the nitty gritty things like sniping, you can find yourself wanting to change your position of site to one spot to another quick and accurately. With a mouse it's as hard as you can scroll, and how accurately you move it around. With a stick, it's how high you set your sensitivity up, and as soon as you crank it all the way up, not only does that only give you control of how fast you can go only to a certain limit, but it also makes it so you need to be way to precise for a tiny little thumb stick. The one, and biggest thing I have for PCs is that there is no such thing as backwards copatiabilty, it all works, from the dawn of computers to now, along with every rom of every console game on earth you're able to manipulate and put onto a computer. I'm a huge fan of old titles you find such as the original Doom, which you would never see on a Nintendo Wii, and only see on a PS3 or 360 if the current owners of the title allowed it to be sold on there arcade games, and sometimes I find me wanting to rebuy a whole cataloge I already have on my PC as it is.

And that be the end of my speal. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC   PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baka Anime :: Off Topic :: Media :: Video Games-
Jump to: