Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

Handhelds: DS vs PSP

Go down 
5 posters

DS or PSP?
Nintendo DS
Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_lcap50%Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Sony PSP
Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_lcap25%Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Apple iPod Touch
Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_lcap25%Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Handhelds: DS vs PSP Empty
PostSubject: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:58 pm

I chose the DS because I have it. It's a unique system that has a big library. The PSP is a good multimedia system, but I already have a DS and iPod so it doesn't interests me. I also hear that it is starting to make less and less games each year. The UMD is pretty much dead now; movies don't come out as that anymore. I do like its features and the big screen. But basically it's a handheld PS2, and the DS is distinguished by itself.
The iTouch also is starting to be regarded as a handheld. Lots of games are coming out for it, but I really don't think it is a handheld. There's no buttons or anything to fully control things in the game. But nonetheless it still has the power (I think) to create nice looking games.
Let's see what you think
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:53 am

I don't like handhelds anymore actually...
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:37 am

Yeah I never play handhelds anymore unless I'm going on a long trip out of town. Still then I only have a gameboy color for the classics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:23 pm

alright, someone chose PSP? I'd like to know who/why, if it's alright. It's a discussion so it would be good if things are discussed here lol. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dragon Master
Post Happy
Post Happy
Dragon Master

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:33 pm

I don't like handhelds any more. But if win something and I have to choice one I would pick PSP because most games for DS are boring.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:28 am

I don't have any handheld, but I tried the iTouch from some friends and it's really neat.
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:18 pm

Does anyone think that iTouch is really a handheld competitor? For me, I think not because it's not a typical handheld, it lacks buttons.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:28 pm

I don't really think so. Not to say that it can't play some games or be fun and whatnot, but it is a different genre of gadget.
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:30 pm

yeah, and I think it really just has typical phone games but on 3d engines. it's main purpose isn't gaming. maybe it's competing more directly with PSP because of the multimedia
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:33 pm

Well it's obviously still an ipod so its primary function I would argue to be music. However I have been seeing banner ads around the web for games like diddy-kong racing and super monkey ball and such that take advantage of the good position sensitivity of the touch.
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 pm

diddy-kong racing? I don't think Nintendo would let that game go to iPod. anyways, I hope that next gen handhelds have better graphics and something new and unique to offer, just like DS this gen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handhelds: DS vs PSP   Handhelds: DS vs PSP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handhelds: DS vs PSP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baka Anime :: Off Topic :: Media :: Video Games-
Jump to: