Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) Empty
PostSubject: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:06 pm

MAL synopsis:
Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Our hero, Akiyuki Takehara, lives on Sentain Island along with his mother Fusa. He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki arrives at school, where he is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light, which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known.

So far I've only watched a couple episodes but I love everything I've seen of this show. It's made by the same people as Eureka 7 which is also one of my favorite anime and this has some common aspects, but its a totally new awesome show. The genre is kind of steam punk, action, sci-fi. I really like steam-punk settings first of all. This studio also does great animation that's really fluid, and one thing I'm really noticing about this show is how good the music is, it is made to match the show and the OST is really well done. It's currently airing so check it out if your interested. You can watch it at ani2d.net (in HD if you register, its listed under Bounen no Xamdou)
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 pm

You make it sound really good. I'll check it out eventually since I've just finished the show I was watching.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 pm

Glad you're interested. But I hope it lives up to your expectations, perhaps I shouldn't have raved about it so much...
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Oo! I haven't been able to watch any of those HD ones at ani2d

I'll add it to my MAL Plan to watch
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Nice. Though the reason might not be the one I was expecting for watching it, the more the merrier.

On a side note I haven't had time to watch lately, so I'm still not very far in the show.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm in the middle of D.Grey-Man. That might take a while with it's more than 100 episodes. It has 103 O_O
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm

I don't understand the ending! Arg!!!
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 pm

I never got past episode 12 in this show, lol. However from what I've read it seems like it comes to a lack-luster ending.

Is it worth watching?
Back to top Go down
bleachpics
Post Happy
Post Happy
bleachpics

Number of posts : 120
Favorite Anime Series? : bleach
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 am

is it on zomg?
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:37 am

No really. He doesn't do much with his powers til the climax of the anime. And it's on aminecrazy bleachpics.

And it ends with him turning to stone, but then randomly he comes back all better and they never really kiss. They "kiss" as he kisses her cheek/forehead(i don't remember)
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:05 am

glad i could be deterred before having to watch the whole thing, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou)   Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bounen no Xamdou) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baka Anime :: Anime :: Other Anime-
Jump to: