Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

Totally Random

Go down 
+7
Zero
beastym67
tribzi
ChaosBlade
OnTheBorder
Dragon Master
UrusaiBaka
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Totally Random - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 am

I saw it. I thought it was interesting but I don't believe it. I hated the fact that I had to explain it to my mom though -_-

She makes me pause it and explain it and it ruins the whole thing...
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:10 am

I read the book first and watched the movie some time later. Da Vinci Code was a good book, but I hated the movie. It wasn't nearly as suspenseful as the book.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah, if your going to deal with anything about the Da Vinci Code read the book and skip the movie. Dan Brown's other books are really good too, just good old fashioned fun thrillers.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 pm

I also heard the prequel Angels and Demons is good, but I don't think I'll read it.

Thrillers is a really fun genre. I also like Science Fiction because there's a lot of innovative ideas
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 am

Yeah Angels and Demons I thought was better than the Da Vinci Code, and it's not really a prequel, the only connection is that the character's name is the same, other than that, nothing.

I haven't read a whole ton of science fiction, I've gone more into fantasy fiction. Ever read a Brave New World?
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Lots of talk of books. I have not read a lot of books Razz
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:42 pm

tribzi wrote:
Yeah Angels and Demons I thought was better than the Da Vinci Code, and it's not really a prequel, the only connection is that the character's name is the same, other than that, nothing.

I haven't read a whole ton of science fiction, I've gone more into fantasy fiction. Ever read a Brave New World?

I was thinking about reading it. Last quarter we had a choice to read Brave New World, 1984, etc. and I chose 1984. Bad choice! People said that it was good, but it's not that good. And because everyone did a presentation on their books, I already know the whole plot of Brave New World. I heard that's also good and it sounds interesting, but because of those presentations I probably won't read it.

I don't read many books either Baka. I'm forced to read a lot of books =P
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Yeah I love the plot and idea of 1984, but the actual book is kind of slow and boring. lol. A Brave New World isn't the most action packed book either, but I found it better than 1984. Another good one that depicts that gloomy kind of future is A Clockwork Orange. While the book is an odd and kind of frustrating read the film is excellent. So I would suggest the movie "A Clockwork Orange"

I read some books, I'm not an avid reader of anything, but I usually have a book I'm in the process of reading. It's not like I go for long periods without reading anything.
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 749

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

I usually read one or two books a year, only because that's how many I have to for school. I used to go to the library in junior high and read some interesting things on famous people and things that talked about the beginning of sports. I remember there was this negro league book I read like 10 times. Satchel Paige was a man among boys.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Our class is making us read a whole bunch of books. We're probably going to read at least 10 books this year (including in class books).
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Many of the books I read are for school, but even if I'm reading something in school I'm usually also reading one on the side. Like at the moment for school I have to read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and The End of Poverty by Jeffrey Sachs. And for my own enjoyment I'm reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Dang I don't know any of those books. I find reading manga easier than real books =P
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Haha, I have to agree. It's easier to get started and they already have images of the characters.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 am

1984 was the worst non-Shakespeare read for me rant
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:36 pm

You guys don't appreciate the magical wonder of reading! They ran an ad campaign in the subway a couple years ago to try to get teens to read more. It didn't really work, but the kid in one of the ads looked so much like me that I did a double take the first time I saw him.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:23 am

They try to get us to read more even in consumer ed class since they say that our reading and writing levels are too low in general of all high school students
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:22 am

tribzi wrote:
You guys don't appreciate the magical wonder of reading!
So true. I really don't understand it.

I think we do enough reading stuff online or in manga/magazines. There's no need to read any more. =D
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:20 pm

No school on Tuesday! Veterans' Day!
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:25 pm

College doesn't have school either, yet we did on election day which was a drag.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:30 am

It's kind of dumb that college's don't get off one election day because students can vote.
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I had to vote around 9, had school around 11 all the way till 4, then work from 5 to 10:30. It was a very busy day.
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Glad to hear that even though your day was packed you took time to vote. Good work!
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 am

We had the day off cuz they had to use the schools for voting Thumbs Up

And I still went to school for swim practice Razz

Last edited by UrusaiBaka on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beastym67
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Still had swim practice? That sounds like high school sports. For football we were supposed to have football lifting even on a snow day even though it's illegal.

I'm finally going to be social. I haven't stay at a friend's house forever but with no college classes tomorrow and no work till the evening I finally have the chance to be free.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:03 am

I have no early practice tomorrow!

I also got a offseason best for my 100 free ><

1 min 4 seconds. Only 2 seconds off my personal best(and this was the end of practice)

In the 50 free, I got a 28 seconds with my goggles half off...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random   Totally Random - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Totally Random
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next