Baka Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baka Anime

Some Anime Fun with a Hint of Baka

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDonations

Operating Systems

Go down 
+3
Zero
UrusaiBaka
ChaosBlade
7 posters

Which OS is better?
Windows Vista
Operating Systems I_vote_lcap29%Operating Systems I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Mac OS X
Operating Systems I_vote_lcap0%Operating Systems I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Windows XP
Operating Systems I_vote_lcap57%Operating Systems I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Other
Operating Systems I_vote_lcap14%Operating Systems I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 pm

For me, Macs are a bit too expensive and Windows get a lot more support, so I chose Windows... Vista, that is.

I know there's lots of complaints about Vista, with its resource consumption and high system requirements, but I only have Vista Home Basic, so it's not a bit like that. I have an old, 7yr old Win XP computer and it's really slow now. But it still works, so I use that usually for homework, etc. So Vista was really the only OS I used that's pretty fast lol. Plus the new interface are cool, just disable Windows Sidebar.

Mac OS X is an interesting OS. The first time I ever used a Mac was 2 years ago in High School. It was a bit hard to get used to it at first, but something new is cool nonetheless. I also know that Macs are safer, with a lot less exploits than Windows. Faster? I don't really know but I hear this one is.
Well I think these kinds of PC's are getting stronger because of the strong Apple brand due to iPods. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually make Macs more competitive with Windows soon because they have the money. Time will tell.

So what's your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 pm

I don't know much about them...I have XP but that's all I know...
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
ChaosBlade
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ChaosBlade

Number of posts : 646

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 pm

...um vote?

it doesn't have to be an opinion. You can vote because you have that OS.
Back to top Go down
UrusaiBaka
Admin
Admin
UrusaiBaka

Number of posts : 1768
Favorite Anime Series? : Bleach
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:01 am

VOTED~!
Back to top Go down
http://videobleach.com/forums
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 am

I have both a Linux and Windows OS, but I use Vista more because I'm used to it. I like Linux, but I'm still learning how to use it.
Back to top Go down
xX-NOIR-Xx
Starter
Starter
xX-NOIR-Xx

Number of posts : 21
Favorite Anime Series? : Neon Genesis Evangelion
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 am

Technically, my OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition. But all in all, it's still XP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Danrainbow6/
Kitouski
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Kitouski

Number of posts : 57
Favorite Anime Series? : Clannad
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:02 am

XP < Mac < Linux < Vista

I dont feel like getting into why. xD
Back to top Go down
ackry
Starter
Starter
ackry

Number of posts : 12
Favorite Anime Series? : Claymore
Blassreiter
Darker than black
Death Note
FMA
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

vista < dos < mac, xp < linux

vista - a xp with better standard visuals and less possible options and rights for users.
xp - best microsoft os so far
mac - the os is okay, less bugs than windows. but yeah apple products arent the cheapest ones.
linux - my favorite. visuals overwhelming -> compiz fusion, multiple desktops are unbelievable useful, 1 console command to install nearly every program just wonderful, thanks to WINE crossplattform support.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Super Poster
Super Poster
Zero

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Compiz fusion makes everything really slow though. There's faster multi-desktop programs that's faster, but I must compiz is very fansy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y&feature=PlayList&p=1BE3899FB475B5E8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29
^this kind of setup is really cool, but it got extremely annoying after a while lol. Beryl + Kiba-dock
Back to top Go down
ackry
Starter
Starter
ackry

Number of posts : 12
Favorite Anime Series? : Claymore
Blassreiter
Darker than black
Death Note
FMA
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:16 pm

compiz is just a styling tool which isn't really necessaray. in a way like stylexp for windows. and it has so many options just deaktivate some or configurate them right and it will speed up

@zero
beryl and ubuntu 6 that was a time XD

information for all infidels:
- ubuntu 9.04 is the actual one and every year 2 there will be 2 versions releases. first number is the year 2nd is the month.
- beryl and compiz were 2 seperated projects in the past and now its combined to compiz-fusion with the options u see in the vidz above and much more XD
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Kitouski

Number of posts : 57
Favorite Anime Series? : Clannad
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 pm

ackry wrote:
vista < dos < mac, xp < linux
Windows and Linux are ran off of DOS. o.O
Back to top Go down
tribzi
Post Maniac
Post Maniac

Number of posts : 881
Favorite Anime Series? : Princess Mononoke

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Right now I'm using Mac OS X because I just got a nice new laptop for college. I like it a lot, but it's not like I'm one of those annoying mac users who despises PCs. I can and will use whatever. It's nice to have the security of a mac OS especially when downloading lots of stuff, along with some nice Apple lifestyle type programs. However Macs get about 2 games a year which both came out for PC 10 years ago, sooo it has its setbacks. I won't vote for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Operating Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operating Systems   Operating Systems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operating Systems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Baka Anime :: Off Topic :: Media-
Jump to: